Friday, January 1, 2010

2009...Looking back on another GREAT year!

I don't know what's worse. That it has taken me SO long to post or that I've copied this from Haley to give me a little guidance! Oh, well. Here goes!


1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?

Had major shoulder surgery that rocked my world. Recovering from something like that with a toddler is not fun!

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I'm pretty predictable...work out more, eat better. Gave it a valiant effort but no exceptional results!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

YES! Several people. Most importantly was my sis-in-law (sister at this point!she's been in our family about as long as Kyle and I love her!) My beautiful neice Stella Rose was born October 20th and she is as Haley puts it YUMMY! Gavin absolutely adores her!

. Did anyone close to you die?

My Aunt Linda passed away last April,after a very hard life of diabetes and illness. She was a wonderful person and I know she is looking down on us all now. We miss her!

5. What countries did you visit?

Just the good ole US of A

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you didn't have in 2009?

Looks like the answer to that will be 2 kids instead of 1!

7. What dates from 2009 will be etched upon your memory, and why?

February 17-shoulder surgery
Mid February-found out I'm going to be an aunt!
October 20th – the day that my beautiful neice was born
October 23rd – the day we found out Gavin is going to be a big brother

8. What was your biggest achievement this year?

Definitely getting through my surgery and the rehab. Don't wish it on anyone. It was harder than recovering from a C-section after having a baby!

9. What was your biggest failure?

Not being a good enough friend. With a super demanding job, a toddler, husband, family...something's gotta give and that is unfortunately where I haven't had enough time or energy to do! I love you all for still being my friend even though I'm MIA a lot!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Yuck. Yes. Shoulder...obviously. And then there was the miserable bout with the swine flu. Which led to bronchitis. And during that whole mess I found out I was pregnant. Which led to nausea...I think that's enough detail!

11. What was the best thing you bought?

Greg's new car. 2009 Buick Enclave. Love it!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

My lovely sis in law Annalise. We have become so close and I'm so glad to have her in our lives!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Can't think of anyone.

14. Where did most your money go?

Bills, daycare, travel, food.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

The birth of my beautiful neice and finding out I was pregnant again.

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?

Big Green Tractor by Jason Aldean. My son is obsessed with it and I'm pretty sure we have watched the video on YouTube at least 3,459 times.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?

Happier
Fatter – I'm pregnant, so that's a pretty good reason.
Definitely richer in blessings...about to be poorer when baby #2 gets here!

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Time for myself and girl time. Like I said before, those are the things I sacrifice to get everything else in!

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Working. But that's not really an option!

20. How did you spend Christmas?

With family...in Rogers with Mom and Dad and Kyle, Haley, and Stella and MeMe Christmas eve and part of Christmas day and in the Fort for a couple days with Greg's family

21. Did you fall in love with 2009?

It was a great year. I'm excited for 2010 though!

22. What was your favorite TV program?

I have 2. Modern Family, which is so funny. And I've developed an obsession with the Duggars...18 Kids and Counting.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

Not a hater!

24. What was the best book you read?

Don't remember. I know I read a couple and they were by Sophie Kinsella/ Madeline Wickham.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Wiggles/Tractor videos on YouTube. Hours of entertainment for my little man.

26. What did you want and get?

I guess getting pregnant would be the answer to that one.

27. What did you want and not get?

A huge raise!

28. What was your favorite film of 2009?

Nothing in particular stands out. I'm kind of behind on movies.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

February 11 – 31 – I honestly don't remember what I did! Doesn't really matter anymore. Once you're a mom your birthday kind of disappears!

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Nothing! We had a great year that overall was pretty healthy! Gavin is a little rockstar and I have a wonderful hubby and family. Great job working with great people, and an overall great life! And about to add to our family...couldn't ask for much more!

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2009?

Not sure. Trying to stay a little trendy while being comfortable and chasing a toddler. Then there's the work wardrobe. Kind of a hodge podge of stuff!

32. What kept you sane?

Greg

33. What political issue stirred you the most?

I'd rather not go there.

34. Who did you miss?

My friends and family far away that I don't get to see often.

35. Who was the best new person you met?

Stella Rose! Can't wait to watch her grow up!

36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.

You can't do it all. And you don't have to! Life is too short to stress about the things that won't matter next week. Live in the moment and enjoy the present. You never know when it could all be taken away so make the most of every moment!

37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

I'm copying Haley on this one, too. This is Gavin's favorite song and he can sing it all. I think God did that for a reason...

”Don’t worry ‘bout a thing, ‘cause every little things gonna be all right.” – Bob Marley

Happy 2010!

No comments: