Friday, November 14, 2008

Maybe Vegas needs a new slogan...

Ok...so for those of you that don't know us well, we go to Vegas every year. We got married there and it has become a yearly tradition for us. We knew immediately after we got married we were ready to add to our family, however we were having a difficult time. I developed a pretty bad shoulder injury, and found out I needed surgery, so I decided to get it taken care of before we got pregnant. I scheduled my surgery and checked in and had all of my pre-op stuff taken care of. The anesthesiologist came in to talk to me and was on his way back in to put me under and...SURPRISE!!! The nurse rushed in to tell him to stop because my pregnancy test was positive. I didn't get to have my surgery. That will explain the picture below...



Need I say more? I know I'm a little biased, but I'm pretty sure this is the best jackpot V EGAS has to offer! Thanks to Uncle Greg and Aunt Kathy Nichols for my cool t-shirt! 2 years later I'm still trying to figure out the best time for my surgery. I'm thinking January...Greg will be the big 30 on the 4th and Gavin turns 1 on the 7th. After that, it's time to fix Mommy

4 comments:

Haley Nicodemus said...

Cutest baby in the world! Love you!

Melissa Tyndall said...

What a cute story!

Sarah and Brad said...

Are you sure nothing ELSE happened in Vegas??? You might want to wait to reschedule the surgery...you guys did just get back...hee hee!! Thank you for the birthday wishes...it was,indeed, the big 3-0!! Hope Gavin and Kate can meet soon!

Matt and Jolee said...

Cute story.

Thanks for the comment Greg! It was nice to hear from you. Tell your brothers hi for me... your sisters won't remember me. Well, let's see... Drew and Matthew may not remember me either. lol You all look like handsome grown men. I've loved looking at your pictures.

I'll add you as a link and keep in touch.