Thursday, December 18, 2008

A few of Gavin's favorite things...

In my attempt to get into the spirit of Christmas, I've had to look to my little one for inspiration. Usually at this point I have all my shopping done, presents wrapped and under the tree, and stockings waiting to be stuffed. Not so much this year. Between work, life, and sick baby, things have been thrown off a little. A lot. Thrown off A LOT! However, I'm trying to recover and my goal is to have my shopping done by Saturday and presents wrapped by Sunday. Monday is my last day of work for almost 2 weeks, and I want to enjoy my time off with Gavin and Greg ( and the rest of our family and friends, too!)


I just read my friend Sarah Thomas's blog and she decided to "reflect" on her daughter's favorite things. What a great idea! So here are a few of Gavin's favorite things...


Bun Bun. His little blue bunny blanket.
He chews on it, loves on it, sleeps with it, eats with it, you name it. It's Bun Bun or bust.




Girls. He LOVES girls. Especially DeDe (my mom), Aunt Hay Hay (Haley), GiGi (greg's mom), Aunt Addi( Addison, greg's sis) and Aunt Anni (Annalise, greg's sis). And any other pretty lady you send his way!

That being said, he loves guys, too. His face lights up when he sees Bob-O(my dad), Pappa Skippy ( Greg's dad) and Uncle Kyle. And all of his uncles for that matter. I'm pretty sure he knows who loves him. :)

(Double whammy in this picture. Uncle Kyle AND Bun Bun.)


Floor vents.
He is obsessed with the vents in our floors. Nothing you can say will keep him from pulling them up. I guess it's just that they're so shiny and warm...and the fact that we constantly freak and shout "NO!" when he pulls them up...he just can't help himself! (Hey this is Greg, found him with the vent cover off the other day and his arm up to his elbow down the vent. I guess he thought Bun Bun was makin a run for it. He's quick for a tiny person. Oh and he thought it was hilarious of course.)

TOUCH.
His favorite word. And action. He must touch everything. The ornaments on the tree, the TV when he's watching "Jack's Big music show" on Noggin (if you don't have kids you will someday understand that this is an essential channel), the light fixtures....he is so intrigued by everything. I love it. (Yeah this is Greg, hell I like Jack's Big Music Show. I mean they had a Bongo Bird on there the other morning actually playing the Bongos. I mean it looked like a puppet but you never know.)

Trucks.
This is a fairly recent discovery. He is officially boy. Trucks are his favorite toys. (Hey this is Greg again, I like trucks too cause lets face it they're just cool. I mean they got big wheels, you can put stuff in them, I get it.)

His daddy.
He is just as much a daddy's boy as he is a momma's boy. And he should be. He has the best dad ever! Greg is so good with him and I couldn't imagine a better father for my son!

ME.
He loves ME. I love it. It's the best feeling EVER. It's hard to explain, but if you've experienced it you know exactly what I'm talking about. TOTAL UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. Wow. (Hey Greg one last time, just wanna say I have the most beautiful wonderful wife in the world. She puts up with me so I know she loves me! Hey, what if I walked around with a giant bun bun, that would be weird. Or if I had a fascination with floor vents, I mean at my age? Even weirder. Anyway, Peace out and Merry Christmas!)












That being said, I need nothing for Christmas this year. All I could ever ask for was given to me almost a year ago in this sweet, precious, (sometimes ornery) little boy!

4 comments:

Haley Nicodemus said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I love this post! I was laughing and then I cried at the end! Greg - your nuts!

I love you guys!

Laura said...

First off, you just made me feel SO much better. I haven't done HALF of my shopping yet. YIKES!! I'll be lucky if there is anything left to buy when I finally get to the stores. It is hard to balance everything but hopefully this year our families will forgive us. Second, I love Greg's interjections! You guys have such a cutie and it is obvious how smitten you both are.

Sarah and Brad said...

Love the post Kara...Gavin seems just as loving and loveable as our Kate!! While we will feel blessed with whoever God sends our way, we would LOVE to add a sweet little boy to our family some day.

I'm with you on the Christmas prep...not even close to being finished. I really have no excuse except that there is someone who gets all my attention and excitement. Christmas (the Santa part) is all about someone else from here on out....what a great feeling! Have fun celebrating Christmas with Gavin this year!!

Merry Christmas Kara, Greg, Gavin, and Savvy...oopsie there is one more doggie I know but I have a soft spot for Savvy due to Greg's multiple posts highlighting her wonderfulness!! Love it!!

Jose and Mary Dominguez said...

Hey Kara, which ornery boy were you talking about? I think you have 2 ornery boys :) I love Greg's post...really funny. I love Anchorman too so I get it.
It sounds like Gavin and my son have a lot in common (liking the ladies and trucks). He is precious...Merry Christmas to you and your family.